Madhubala, whose actual name becomes Begum Mumtaz Jahan Dehlavi, remains one of the legendary and remarkable actresses in the entire Indian movie enterprise. With a career spanning over 2 decades, Madhubala became one of the most famed actresses in Bollywood, in its growing stages.
Madhubala was also commonly known for her paintings in Malayalam and Hindi Cinema. Her nickname was Venus Queen. She acted prominently in tragic-romantic roles and worked within the Hindi film enterprise for over 20 years within the Hindi cinema, from 1942 to 1964. She still appears as one of the most influential girl personalities and dazzling actresses from the Bollywood movie industry. Unfortunately, Madhubala died on 23-02-1969 due to tenacious heart disorder, in Mumbai within Maharashtra, India at the age of 36
Madhubala’s age becomes simply 36 years whilst she surpassed away on 23rd February 1969, as she was born on the 14th of February in 1933 in Delhi. Madhubala’s height was around 5 ft 4 inches (163 cm) and her weight was almost 55 kg (117 lbs).
Birth and family
She was born to Attaullah Khan & Begum Ayesha in Delhi, British India on 14th February 1933. She had ten siblings out of which she had 2 brothers and 5 sisters including actress Chanchal & playback singer Madhur Bhushan who was a renowned playback singer, as well as sisters including Shahida Kazi, KainzBalsara, and Altaf Kowal.
In her long career as an actress, Madhubala changed into praised for a lot of her film roles. Despite having handed away over 40 years ago, Madhubala remains one of the maximum popular actress celebrity inside the Indian movie enterprise. Madhubala was ranked among Rediff.Com-sponsored International Women’s’ Day Special “Bollywood’s Best Actresses” list.
Two of her most famous films, ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ and ‘Half Ticket’, had been digitally remastered and presented in the colorized model in 2004 and 2012, years after her demise. The Government of India also recognized her as one of the most influential personalities in India and issued a limited-p.C. postage stamp along with her likeness in March of 2008. Madhubala and Nargis Dutt are the best Indian movie actresses to had been bestowed this honor till now.
Apart from this, Madame Tussauds unveiled a wax statue of Madhubala dressed in her memorable position of Anarkali in the mythical fantastic hit ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ movie, in December of 2017.
Affairs and controversies
She got proposed for marriage by many actors like Pradeep Kumar, Bharat Bhushan, and Kishore Kumar. She ultimately married the legendary Kishore Kumar in the year 1960, who transformed into Islam simply to marry her. After 9 years of marriage, she died in 1969.
Madhubala Interesting Facts
Interesting facts of Madhubala
- Madhubala earned the title of ‘Venus of the Indian Screen’ owing to her incomparable beauty.
- Madhubala comes from a Pathan Muslim own family and suffered tragedies in her formative years as of her brothers and three sisters surpassed away at a younger age.
- Madhubala became a superstar after her performance in ‘Mahal’ (1949).
- Madhubala became even presented a function in Hollywood by famed director Frank Capra, but her strict father would not allow her to travel abroad.
- Although famous actors Bharat Bhushan and Pradeep Kumar had proposed her for marriage, Madhubala tied the knot with Kishore Kumar after he converted to Islam and took the name, Abdul Karim.
- Madhubala was also the producer for films such as ‘Naata’ (1955) and ‘MahlonKeKhwab’ (1960), apart from being the lead actress in them too.
- Madhubala’s best overall performance is considered inside the legendary extremely good hit ‘Mughal-E-Azam’, which spurred her to stardom within the industry.
- Madhubala handed away from headaches of the birth illness which has advanced a hole in her heart on 23rd February 1969.