Ekta Kapoor Biography
Ekta Kapoor who came to this world on 7th June 1975 in Mumbai India, is a well-known Indian actress, producer, and director of different films as well as a businesswoman. Apart from these, she is also the creative head and managing director of Balaju telefilms. Recently, in the year 2020, she has been awarded Padma Shri, which is regarded as the fourth highest civilian award in Indian country.
Ekta Kapoor’s height is 5 feet 4 inches and her weight is approximately 58 kg. Her figure measurements include 35-28-35. According to US sizes, her dress size is 6 and shoe size is 8. Both her hair and eyes are black.
Birth And Family
Ekta Kapoor came to this world on 7th June 1975 in Mumbai, India in a Hindu family. Her father’s name is Jeetendra who is an Indian actor, while her mother’s name is Shobha Kapoor and she is a producer by profession. Her younger brother’s name is Tusshar Kapoor, he is also a Bollywood actor.
Ekta Kapoor got her primary education from Bombay British School. For further studies, she took admission in Mithibai college and university situated in Mumbai. From there, she took a degree of bachelors in commerce.
|Full Name||Ekta Kapoor|
|Nickname||Ekta and TV Queen|
|Profession||TV and Film Producer|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m)|
|Weight (approx.)||58 Kg (128 lbs)|
|Figure Measurements||35-28-35 inches|
|Debut||Debut Film :KyoKii… Main JhuthNahinBolta (2001)
Debut TV : Mano Ya Na Mano (1995)
|Famous films||Krishna Cottage (2004), Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (2005), Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007), Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010) and Udta Punjab (2016) among othersSalaryN/ANet Worth$15 millionOfficialWebsiteN/A|
|Date of Birth||7 June 1975|
|Age||44 years old (in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors in commerce|
Relationships & Affairs
|Parents||Father: Jeetendra (Actor)
Mother: Shobha Kapoor (Producer)
|Siblings||Brother(s): Tusshar Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
|Wife / husband||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Chocolate and Pizza|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Favorite Actress(es)||Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar|
|Favorite book||The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Favorite director||Wong Kar-wai|
|London, Paris, Religious Places|
Ekta Kapoor Career
Ekta Kapoor started her career in 2001 as a film producer making a film named “Kyun K Me Jooth Nahi Bolta”. Then she made some films based upon supernatural themes. In the year 2005, she along with her brother Tusshar Kapoor as a hero made a film “Kyaa Kool Hai Hum”. Subsequently, she got fame and directed many super hit movies with time. Moreover, as a producer, she has also produced approximately 130 daily soap operas which further lead her to the way of success. Then, in the year 2012, she laid the foundation of an institute of creative excellence under Balaji telefilms production house, as a media training school. Currently, through digital app ALTBalaji, she has also launched and released 40 web series of her own. She has also an EK Labelled fashion series.
Ekta Kapoor is regarded as unmarried, but in the year 2019, she gave birth to a child son named Ravie. She is a single parent to her son.
Ekta Kapoor’s annual earning is approximately Rs. 5.5 crores and her net worth are estimated to be almost Rs. 85 crores. Moreover, she owns a worth Rs 7 crore luxury flat and also, she had invested her Rs. 43 crores in a business. She is also the owner of the office of Balaji films, situated in Andheri West.
Awards And Achievements
- Ekta Kapoor got many outstanding awards which include
- Most outstanding woman entrepreneur award got in 2010
- Dada Saheb Phalke Academy award as a television producer for the iconic film in 2012
- As Sterling icon of entertainment, she got Indian television academy award in 2017
- Dada Saheb Phalke Academy award once again for being the most inspiring icon of the year 2018
- IMPACT’S 50 awards for being social media influencer in 2016
- For icon of excellence, she got Forbes Tycoon of Tomorrow award in the year 2018
- Business today award for being a successful businesswoman in the year 2019
- For being the content creator of the year, she attained ET business award in 2019
- HT most stylish filmmaker award in the year 2019.
Ekta Kapoor Social Media
Ekta Kapoor Facebook Facebook
Ekta Kapoor Twitter Twitter
Ekta Kapoor Interesting Facts
- She is an extreme book lover.
- She considers letter K as a lucky character for her and names her most films starting from the alphabet K
- Till 2015 she has successfully produced 25 TV serials and earned Rs. 500 crores from them
- She has height and darkness phobia
- She is also referred to as “The queen of Indian Television”
- She has a strong belief in numerology and astrology.
- Numbers, 3,6 and 9 are considered lucky by her for her fate.
- She is an avid dog lover and has pet dogs at home
- She is also an active philanthropist
- She also likes to do charity work for women of old age.